Sunday, November 6, 2011

Toe Socks

...And then the world of my weird blogs began. The End. Well not really it's kind of only the beginning, but whatever not the point. The point is how do I actually start said blog? How do I begin? What do I say? This whole blog site is kind of a new thing and I don't really know how all of it works yet. Well, maybe I could put some random useless fact's on here.


Pointless Facts:   


  1. An ostrich's eye is bigger than it's brain.
  2. A goldfish has a memory span of three seconds.
  3. Women blink nearly twice as much as men.
  4. A snail can sleep for three years.
  5. The electric chair was invented by a dentist.


Now how about some things about myself. Of course the people likely to be reading this (if I EVER publish it) are people who already know me. And even then maybe only a couple. I don't know many people to begin with. Sigh. Oh well. 


Most of my time is spent doing something creative. I like to draw even though I'm not as good as I'd like to be, and I often find that I can't concentrate on what I want to do thus ending in a crappy drawing.


I enjoy writing, mostly stories, although I have never been able to get very far into one. I always have so many ideas of one story or another and I never get to the point of writing them down. So most of it just stays in my head. 


I read, and I often read too many things at once. I'll start reading one thing because it sounds really interesting and then I'll stop reading it for awhile, so I'm in the middle of that book and then I'll pick up another one and it's part of a series of books so I read the first couple and then I start reading the next one and then I'll either get bored or pissed off at it and put it down and not come back for awhile. So then I have this one book I haven't finished and then another that's like the third in an eight part series and my friend is nagging at me to finish the series, because she already finished it and she wants to discus the books with me, and then I'll pick up another one because someone suggested it to me so now I'm reading that one, but then something in the story or maybe a movie I watched will make me want to reread one of the books I actually have finished reading and then I'll start reading that again, and then all the sudden out of nowhere I'll remember that first book and I'll go back to that one and then all of the books I've started reading will just build and build. So then I have about a dozen or so books that I haven't finished reading. Yeah crazy.I'm sure someone out there does something similar, heh, maybe not to that extent or maybe more so....shrug...who knows. Some books that I have actually finished are, 'Harry Potter'(all of them), 'The Golden Compass', 'Peaches', and I'm sure there are other's I just can't think of any. And of course there's all those books I haven't finished and those I haven't gotten to yet. 


I like comic books to. Like 'Fables', and 'Y The Last Man', and right now I'm on The Sandman comics. 


Lets see what else. Those who know me know that I pace, and not your average pace back and forth type of thing. No no I pace to think, to come up with ideas and things for my stories. So I talk to myself as if I'm those characters talking to each other and I plan out battle scenes and attack the enemies, which often results in smacking my hand on the very hard things in my house. And I get all weepy over the sad scenes I create and all smiley for the silly scenes I create. And I can do this for hours sometimes, and doing all this doesn't mean that after I sit and write all these things down, nope they stay right up there in my head just waiting to spill out onto a blank page.


And of course I do things that every other teenager does, play video games. Not as often as the other things I do and sometimes I even go without playing video games for over a month. And there's also a couple of online games I like to play. 'Spiral Knights' and 'Maple Story', for example. Some of my favorite video games are, 'Psychonuats', 'Costume Quest', 'Lego Batman', 'Eternal Sonata', 'Epic Mickey', 'Legend of Zelda'(just in general), 'Animal Crossing', 'Dante's Inferno', 'Sims 3', 'Fable 1&2' (haven't gotten to 3 yet but I do want to play it), 'Black and White 2', and many others that are just not coming to my brain at the moment. 


I like movies. Pfft, of course I like movies. My favorite movie of all time is 'The Nightmare Before Christmas'. I love that movie to death, and I think the runner up would be 'Howl's Moving Castle'. And some of the other one's that come up under favorites ( I won't go too far down the list or you'll be here for ever),'Spirited Away', 'The Cat Returns', 'Dragon Heart', 'The Crow', 'Batman Begins', "The Dark Knight', 'Pirate's of the Caribbean 1,2&3', 'Wall-E', 'A Knight's Tale', 'Who Framed Roger Rabbit', and LOTS of others that I enjoy a lot but that I can't think of.


And some TV shows I like are, 'Buffy the Vampire Slayer', 'Warehouse 13', 'Eureka', 'Bones', 'CSI New York', 'Charmed', 'Castle', and again many others.


2 comments:

  1. I think this is a pretty awesome first blog, especially for someone who has a distinct tendency to not finish things. Good job, keep it up and I'll keep reading.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope to be able to watch The Nightmare Before Christmas again someday...

    ReplyDelete